Buy - Sell - Trade
We are looking for high-quality used graphic novels and small press indie or alternative comics from any era.
What we are looking for:
- Graphic novels. Whether soft- or hardcover, trade paperback or prestige edition, new or out-of-print, we are interested in any comic in book format.
- Small press indie or alternative comics. Think Love and Rockets or Eightball single issues. Anything from a small press or self-published comic artist we’d love to have a chance to check out.
- Pulp magazines. Sci-fi magazines. Old comic fanzines.
- Comics/Manga/BD -related novelties and ephemera (toys, posters, prints portfolios, etc.)
What we are NOT looking for:
- Single issue comics from the larger publishers. We love them; we’re just not the best place to evaluate their value, let alone sell them. Larger publishers would include single issue comics from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse (you get the idea); basically, anything mainstream or aiming to be mainstream is not what we’re after. We may (and we mean MAY) be interested in comics from medium-sized publishers but it really depends on the publisher.
- Damaged Books. Books that are missing covers, have torn covers/pages, smoke or water damage, or are otherwise well-worn/read. Some light wear can be expected, but if the book looks like it lost a fight with the world, we won’t be able to take it.
- While we will consider kid/YA graphic novels, kids can be rough on books. Kids/YA books should be in very good shape for us to consider. Kids/YA books are also very popular so we may already have several copies of some titles, but you never know.
How it works:
We can’t evaluate books/comics over the phone or internet. You’ll need to bring in the books to the shop. We may be able to evaluate on the spot, but 9 times out of 10 we’ll need a day or so to form a response.
In addition to condition, the books we’re able to take will also depend what we already have in stock. If we have too many of a certain title, we may have to pass on a perfectly fine book.
What we can offer:
Any book we buy is for resale in the shop. As such, if we are interested in a book, we will be able to offer you half of what we think we’ll be able to sell it for. Most of the used books we sell are still in print and we sell most of these at half the cover price. So for these books you can expect approximately ¼ of the listed retail price.
For out-of-print books, the resale value can vary greatly. Some have kept their value, others have increased, and others still have lost value considerably. Regardless of where a book lands in value, we would still offer you half of what we think we can sell it for.
We are also willing to look at larger collections as a whole, but can’t guarantee we’d be able to make an offer.